06 June, 2007

Ask, and you shall receive (John 16:24)

Almost immediately after I announced that I would be moving to Israel in July, many people asked if I would be starting a blog about my experiences. My first reaction was negative. I'm not a fan of blogs, even though many of my friends have them. I just can't seem to find the time to read all of them, so I vow to read none of them. So yes, it's incredibly hypocritical of me to ask my friends to do what I will not.

But, there have been requests, so I feel justified in starting what I think will be absolutley cathartic for me and perhaps interesting for you. So as I encounter the enlightening and frustrating, I will spew out my happiness and bitterness to you. It'll be almost like I never left. And I fully expect you to comment in return, mostly with mocking and taunting remarks, to remind me what I left behind. If I can't see you at that backyard barbeque, family dinner, faculty meeting, or happy hour, I hope I can at least see you here. Asalamalakem, good buddies.

6 comments:

Allison Fillmore said...

Good old Kim...it is like you never left! Take care of yourself girl!!!!

Alli

Merrie Leininger said...

Just try not to start any international incidents. Actually, scratch that. I wouldn't want you to be anything but yourself. -Merrie

Anonymous said...

Hey, this isn't the hot chicks of the Holyland site, is it???

Where are the pics?

Cory Harris said...

"I will spew out my happiness and bitterness to you. It'll be almost like I never left"

You had happiness?

Corey said...

Sweet, something on the internet I can happily visit repeatedly without having to rapidly delete from my history/cookies.

Anonymous said...

Resistance to blogging is futile.

Failure to update is pretty easy, though.